Saturday, December 02, 2006

When in Rome...

Today was one of the few days that we went to local favorites.

We had really great dimsum at Maxim's Palace in New Town Plaza in Shatin. It is one of the most famous restaurants here in Hong Kong, and it is the only restaurant mentioned in my Cantonese book.

The wait was quite long, so we decided to have a snack during the hour-long wait. I had some really delicious Irish Coffee and Ferrero Rocher flavored gelato at City Super.

Maxim's Palace is really large and very pretty inside. A lot of weddings are held there, and there was a wedding planned for the evening, so decorations were up on the walls.

The prices were a little higher than most dimsum places, but the service was good (the cart ladies walked by frequently), and every dish was pretty good.



I even took a liking to the tripe because the flavoring was so delicious! And best of all was the mango pudding with really great whipped cream.


Afterward, we went to Festival Walk for a really quick trip into the IT Sales Shop inside http://www.izzue.com, and bought a few snacks from Taste.

Then we headed to Mongkok, where all the locals like to shop. We spent most of our time at Ladies' Market, and I found a lot more lovely gifts for people. My hands were full of heavy bags by the end. We were all tired and were happy to sit down at a restaurant along Ladies' Market for some Chinese-Thai food.

The food was cheap and tasted pretty good.

I am nearly done buying gifts for people. I really have bought tons of gifts!

Starting tomorrow, I will be extremely busy with papers and studying for my last final exam until my trip to Guangzhou from Friday to Saturday. Then I am off to Malaysia and Thailand!

I really am going to miss this place and the people who have made my semester so great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home