Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Behavioral Observations: Cultural or Universal?

This morning I decided to finally use the soymilk I bought a few days ago to have some cereal. When I picked up my carton (clearly marked with a post-it note with my room number and name), it felt lighter than normal. I screwed the cap off to discover that someone had opened my soymilk and had drank a cup's worth of it.

Somebody had the audacity to open my carton of soymilk. Now, I would understand if somebody took some of my soymilk if I had already opened it and had left it in the fridge. But someone actually opened MY soymilk to quench her thirst.

I almost got as upset as I had before when I had gone to the refrigerator after a night out craving my individually-sized carton of mocha vitasoy to find that someone had stolen it. But I controlled myself. Plus there was still soymilk for me to use, unlike the former incident.

My friends and I have discussed this whole stealing thing. I've learned that the girls here even steal clothes that are hanging out to dry. Some even steal UNDERWEAR! Now that's just not right.

Tonight as I was washing my face in the communal bathroom, I noticed a girl had walked out of the stall and out of the bathroom without washing her hands. Now, I've seen girls only wash their hands with water, no soap. But to not wash your hands at all? That's just disgusting.

I don't know if this kind of stuff happens in all dorms. I know the stealing of food occurs, but clothing and toiletries from rooms? And underwear?! Come on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home