Saturday, September 30, 2006

Everything's Smaller in HK

I went to McDonald's for my first time in HK today. The Filet-O-Fish seemed a bit smaller than in America, and the drink and fries were definitely smaller.

I've noticed overall that portions are smaller here in Hong Kong (except for the rice plates at the CUHK canteens). I suppose that's why the majority of people here are skinny.

Maybe I'll get used to the portions and lose some weight eventually! But for now I have snacks to tide me over.

I guess everything IS big in America. I've already realized portions at restaurants are huge and could be turned into two meals with leftovers. Maybe the solution to the obesity problem in America can start within restaurants. But that'll never happen. People just need to learn to control themselves.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home