Thursday, September 14, 2006

Dancing the Night Away

I went clubbing for my first time in Hong Kong tonight. I, and a big group of CUHK exchange students, went to M1 in Tsim Sha Tsui. There was supposed to be some famous DJ from Taiwan making an appearance, so we went there instead of Lan Kwai Fong (the normal clubbing destination).

When we got there, we found out it was DJ Hot Dog. But hot he was not. Instead there were a few guys on stage performing not-so-great rap. After those people got off the stage, another DJ started spinning songs and we finally got to dancing.

I had a lot of fun, but I came home smelling of cigarettes. The second-hand smoke in the club really bothered me. In California, people aren't allowed to smoke indoors. But it's fine here, and lots of people do it.

Plus this fog machine kept going off and clouding up things. My friend said it smelled like baby powder, and I guessed that maybe they were spraying baby powder into the air as fog, which meant we were inhaling baby powder.

We noticed there was a drastic difference between the locals and us exchange students when it came to dancing skills. Actually, some of the European exchange students weren't all that great at dancing either...

And the one drink I had wasn't very good. I ordered a Sex on the Beach, and it ended up coming in a whiskey glass instead of the normal size glass. I think it was made with whiskey instead of vodka because it was a Jack Daniel's event. Good thing it was only about USD$6. Plus admission was free for girls.

Overall I had fun. It was a good way to get to know some more exchange students and check out the local night life (Lan Kwai Fong is frequented by international people, not locals).

I'm looking forward to visiting the Hong Kong Museum of Art tomorrow (or later today) and eating out in the city! I'm really not too fond of the food at the canteens on campus.

Joi gin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home